Home Digital Photographs Genealogy Resources Special Collections Search
ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SERVICE AND ADVOCACY 1891 -1991
| The YWCA's Parker Day
Care Center is licensed to serve 62 children, from one week to seven years
of age. Many parents of children enrolled in the Center are participants
in YWCA educational programs, preparing for G. E. D. certification and
employment. The Parker Center is named in honor of the Theodore Edson
Parker Foundation, which contributed to renovation of the space in the
YWCA's Flather Building and which has generously supported YWCA youth initiatives
over the years.
For one hundred years, the Greater Lowell YWCA has been an advocate for women and children. Governed by a dedicated Board of Directors and served by a talented staff, the YWCA has grown and evolved to meet changing community needs. It continues to serve by adapting and renewing by developing programs that address contemporary concerns of its members, by instituting programs that sustain and enrich succeeding generations of women and young people, and by empowering members to reach their full potential as individuals, family members, and responsible citizens of the community.
We have a clearly defined vision and long tradition of service and action. Through our membership in the country and around the world, we are a vital force for change and for justice.
Glendora Putnam, National President, at the
National Convention of the YWCA of the
USA, Chicago, Illinois, in June, 1988
Top Of Page Previous Page or Next Page