Home Digital Photographs Genealogy Resources Special Collections Search
| In 1964, the facade
underwent a major remodeling. An aluminum framed grid of pink and
white plastic paneling was installed in an attempt to modernize the facade
and aluminum framed storefronts were added.
The building underwent a major rehabilitation in 1981. The interior was completely remodeled. On the exterior, the paint was stripped from the facade and new windows matching the configuration of the earlier remodelings were installed. New wooden storefronts completed the facelift.
The Marble Bank Block was constructed in 1874 at the western corner of Merrimack and John Streets.
Top Of Page Previous Page or The Beginning