13. 492 Gorham St., 1840s.
Broad-gable double houses made of brick are not as
common as those if frame construction. Located at the
terminus of the Lowell Connector, this handsome Greek
Revival residence has retained its double entrance with
side pilasters and shared granite lintel, tall end chimneys,
boldly articulated pediment, granite trim and six over
14. 75 Chapel St., ca. 1847-49.
John B. Tuttle, a mason, erected this broad-gable Greek
Revival house. Although similar to 492 Gorham St., it
carries a finely detailed portico supported by fluted Ionic
columns. The double trabeated entrance flanked by
pilasters is also tyical of the Greek Revival period.