The SAGE Reference Online Handbook Collection consists of 80 authoritative, award–winning, interdisciplinary handbooks across the social sciences.
International in scope, the Sage Handbooks offer critical analysis within a discipline or sub-discipline. Created for academics, researchers, practitioners and advanced postgraduate students, they offer retrospective and prospective overviews, reviewing past and present theory as well as mapping out new directions for the future.
The handbooks cover topics in the following subject areas:
- Business and Management
- Communication and Media Studies
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Counseling and Social Work
- Geography and Urban Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Public Policy and Public Administration
- Research Methods and Evaluation
- Science, Technical and Medical
They can be browsed by title or searched individually, in combination with other handbook titles, or included in a search of all Sage Reference titles along with the nearly 50 Encyclopedia and other Handbook titles subscribed to by UML Libraries. Searches can also be limited to sidebars, images, and/or tables.
Access to this database can be found on the Library’s web site either from the front page alphabet list of resources or from several Database Subject pages plus the eBooks page.