Gale’s new Powersearch 2.0 platform was released for Massachusetts regional library users on Tuesday, Sept. 1. For those who would like to gain more familiarity with the new functionality, the MBLC has arranged for two Massachusetts only webinars to help regional members become more familiar with the new features. One important new aspect of the new platform that will be examined are the many customization opportunities for libraries to push meaningful content to users.
These webinars do not require advance registration.
The Massachusetts only webinars will be conducted by Stacey Knibloe on Wednesday, Sept. 9 at 11AM and Tuesday, Oct. 6 at noon. Instructions for logging on are provided below. You just need access to the Internet and a separate telephone near your computer.
Prior to the conference, please visit http://www.conferenceservers.com/browser/?brand=sametimeunytemeeting to prepare your computer for the web portion. You will need administrator privileges to install the plug-in. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact our service provider’s help desk at 1-800-866-0888.
STEP 1: TO JOIN AUDIO CONFERENCE
Primary Dial-In: 1 (866) 394-9513 (this is a toll-free call)
STEP 2: TO JOIN WEB CONFERENCE
Prior to logging into the meeting, ensure popup blocker is turned off on your browser.
1. Dial the audio conference dial-in number noted above and enter the passcode as prompted.
2. Click on this meeting URL: http://web.meetme.net/r.aspx?p=2&a=70541837085689
3. On the Meeting Center page, enter your name and e-mail address.
4. Click on the “Sign-in” button.
5. Accept the Terms and Conditions and click “Join” to enter your conference.
6. Should your computer require any updates to accommodate web conferencing, an additional message will be displayed. Follow the instructions to prepare your computer for the meeting. These updates should take 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
IF THE ABOVE URL DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO JOIN THE WEB CONFERENCE, PLEASE FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE NOTED BELOW.
1. Copy and paste the following URL in your web browser: http://web.meetme.net/audience
2. Copy and paste the Meeting Key: 70541837085689
3. Click on the “Sign-in” button
4. On the Meeting Center page, enter your name and e-mail address.
5. Click on the “Sign-in” button.
6. Accept the Terms and Conditions and click “Join” to enter your conference.