UMass Lowell Libraries has added an annual subscription to the CCH OmniTax Library. The database is now fully accessible by all UML students, faculty, and staff. Links to this new online resource are available from the alphabet index list on the UML Library home page or from the Business Databases page.
The CCH OmniTax Library is a powerful compilation of top-rated research materials that includes CCH’s current and archival Federal and State Tax Reporters.
In addition, the Tax Library features the IntelliConnect search interface that provides functionality to aid and improve information search and discovery.
- IntelliForms — Enables you to locate, view, fill out, save and print over 20,000 federal, state and city tax forms and related instructions, IRS publications and practice aids.
- CCH@Hand — Searches multiple publications from one convenient location.
- Tax Thesaurus — Locates all relevant documents in a search, without the need to enter all the possible tax terms separately.
- Smart Charts — Quickly charts state tax issues in one jurisdiction or compares tax treatments across multiple tax jurisdictions.
- Tax Rates and Tables — Supplies you with all the critical tax rates and amounts you need.
- Depreciation Toolkit — Creates a depreciation schedule for any business asset and provides information on depreciation options.
- Business and Tax Preparation Calculators — Provide quick access to common business and tax computations, including loan amortization, savings bond, mortgage comparison, auto lease/buy, tax rate/phase-out, federal withholding (Form W-4), employee auto inclusion and IRA comparison.
- Interactive Tax Calendar — Creates customized calendars of federal and state tax due dates based on the tax types and jurisdictions you specify.
- Election and Compliance Toolkit™ — Creates customized, filing-ready election and compliance statements to complete your compliance efforts.
- Citator — Tracks the history of cases and rulings through the legal process with just a few clicks.
- Client Letter Toolkit — Quickly finds and adapts appropriate client communications.
- IRS Actuarial Finding Tool — Instantly finds or calculates the exact actuarial factor that you need for valuation purposes.
- ZIP Sales Lookup — Finds state, county, and local sales and use tax rates by ZIP code.
- Unclaimed Property Lookup — Locates detailed information on unclaimed or abandoned property in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Multistate Quick Answer Charts — Provides an efficient starting point for comparing state-by-state issues, and a fast way to check rates, exemptions, taxability or other state tax issues.
For more about using OmniTax and IntelliConnect, please view these short CCH video tutorials.