UMass Lowell Libraries has added ProQuest’s Entrepreneurship database as a new annual subscription database. ProQuest Entrepreneurship offers a multitude of resources for the budding new business startup — from full text articles from top publications to videos, market research, business plans, tool kits, and much, much more.
Also featured within ProQuest Entrepreneurship is full access to the complete Hoover’s Company Profile data.
Included in the Entrepreneurship database is the following content:
- Video Clips: Featuring over 11,000 video clips – many of which contain transcripts for convenient reference and can be downloaded – watch and listen to entrepreneurs give firsthand accounts of their business experiences.
- Market Research: This valuable content contains market and company reports, key financial ratios, demographics, insights, benchmarks, statistics and more.
- Start-Up Plans, Templates and Forms: give users an A to Z approach to entrepreneurship as steps are laid out from concept through management. These tools and can also serve as a checklist of items needed to secure financing.
- Journal Content: Over 300 top publications relating to the practice of entrepreneurship are provided in the form of full journal runs plus selected articles with a weekly refresh from over 11,000 sources.
- Business Cases: Structured plans outlining the feasibility of ideas.
- Working Papers: Future articles which may appear in publications months or years down the road.
- Conference Proceedings: These events reflect the latest in scholarly research spanning all topics.
- Full Text Dissertations: Serve as a springboard for new research and ideas on which to build.
Access to this database and other business resources are available on the Library’s Business Database Subject webpage. Links are also available from the index alphabet list on the website’s home page.
ProQuest has provided trial access to the following databases through December 6, 2011:
Banking Information Source
ProQuest Banking Information Source combines the currency of the Internet and the perspective of industry journals to provide over 640 authoritative sources of information from Industry and professional newsletters, School of BankMarketing Papers, and Stonier Theses. In addition articles from 470 full-text leading international journals are included.
International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
This database includes over two million bibliographic references to journal articles and to books, reviews and selected chapters dating back to 1951. It is unique in its broad coverage of international material and incorporates over 100 languages and countries. Over 2,800 journals are regularly indexed and some 7,000 books are included each year. Abstracts are provided for half of all current journal articles and full text availability is continually increasing.
ProQuest Entrepreneurship is designed to arm entrepreneurs with vital resources to develop and research their ideas while providing valuable insight to help progress and grow their product or service. It combines unusual collection of content types:
- over 11,000 Video Clips of entrepreneurs giving firsthand accounts of their business experiences
- nearly 400 business plans drawn from the well known University of Texas at Austin Venture Labs Investment Competition (formerly Moot Corp)
- thousands of market research documents
- Start-Up Plans, Templates and Forms
- Business Cases
- Over 48,000 premium company profiles from Hoovers
Access to these trials is available through the library’s New Database Trials and Subscriptions webpage both from on campus and remotely.
Please post comments concerning any aspect of this trial; it aids significantly in our decision-making process.