Knovel is releasing its new platform on August 15. The new site provides major upgrades to Knovel’s core features. Specifically, the new platform includes smarter search functionality and an answer-centric user interface that reflects how customers use Knovel. The emphasis is on helping users to find answers quickly and efficiently.
Key features include:
- A new intuitive search that improves the speed of search results’ returns as well as their accuracy and relevance of results.
- Updated search algorithm – Knovel has updated its algorithm to ensure answers are more easily discoverable and results are more relevant.
- Faceted search results – users can view and filter search results to one of many Knovel content types — including interactive tables, text sections, material datasheets, conference proceedings, engineering cases and more.
- Search within results – users can refine searches and use the breadcrumb trail to view and navigate between search sets.
- Search snippets – users can scan results in context (not section headings) to determine relevance.
- Data Search – New wizard functionality enables users to drag and drop field names from a Properties taxonomy. As criteria are added, users can see the volume of relevant results along the way. Users can locate critical numeric range values of properties with complete control over units.
- Updated, user-friendly interface – improves navigation and increases visibility of interactive tools and clearly displays subscription entitlements.
- Entitlements are clearly indicated for both Browse and Search. Users can see the full breadth of Knovel’s product offering, or they can filter search results to show only what’s available with their subscription. Premium products are now listed on the browse page instead of simply embedded in Subject Area listings.
- Faster text viewing – A new Web-based PDF viewer vastly reduces the download wait time compared to PDF readers that require installing to the desktop and can create compatibility problems with a browser.
- Performance is High Priority – Knovel’s new platform is built on a new streamlined code base and powered by multiple data centers worldwide. Our global customer base can get faster access to answers, no matter where they are.
- My Knovel now supports Shared Folders – Users can tag members of their work group or student team and share folders with links to saved titles, saved content, saved search queries and customized interactive content.
Register for a Knovel user demonstration session
Knovel is specifically focused on the engineering community, offering validated content from top publishers and societies, as well as exclusive, interactive data found in Knovel’s Critical Content Collection. The collection covers 31 subject areas and is continually updated as new titles are available to reflect the evolving needs of users.
Knovel provides subscribers with access to more than 4,000 leading reference works and databases from more than 100 international publishers and professional societies through a single interface.
Visit the Knovel database site. On August 15, this link will automatically be redirected to the new Knovel platform.