Ebrary has recently added over 3,800 scholarly titles to its subscription database, Academic Complete, from over 150 prestigious publishers including University of North Carolina Press, De Gruyter, Oxford University Press, University of Pennsylvania Press, I.B. Tauris, and many more! Academic Complete now includes a growing selection of more than 84,900 e-books.
ebrary has also added 850+ backlist titles selected from featured lists such as CHOICE Outstanding Academic Titles and Doody’s Core Titles. The addition encompasses over 50 publishers like Oxford University Press, ASCD, Kogan Page, Royal Society of Chemistry, and University of California Press.
And… Wiley E-books Coming to Academic Complete Soon
ebrary recently began offering downloads either of book chapters as PDFs or entire ebooks in digital format using Adobe Digital Editions (requires Adobe installation).
- Create an image PDF of a specific chapter or page range
Learn more: http://support.ebrary.com/?p=655
- Same page limits as for printing
- Accessible on most computers and devices, including the Kindle
- Additional (free) software is typically not needed
- Files do not expire
- Image quality for image PDFs was recently improved, but the tradeoff was to add a watermark. This is consistent with the approach used by other ebook providers when an unsecured PDF is provided
- Download an entire document as an e-book in Adobe Digital Editions
Learn more: http://support.ebrary.com/?p=687 Patrons first need to install Adobe Digital Editions on their computer (free online)
- Accessible on most computers and devices, but not the Kindle or Kobo Vox
- Up to 10 documents at a time per patron
- By default, full-document downloading is only available for multi-user documents (not single-user-only documents), but admins can override this setting
- Multi-user documents can be full-document downloaded for 14 days*