Oxford University Press is providing free trial access to its University Press Scholarship online database of over 8,000 reference books that cover 21 academic subject areas in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine, Law, and more. The trial is available from April 1 until April 26, 2012.
University Press Scholarship Online, launched in September 2011, brings together the best scholarly publishing from around the world. Aggregating monograph content from leading university presses, UPSO makes disparately published scholarship easily accessible, highly discoverable, and fully cross-searchable via a single online platform. Research that previously would have required a user to jump between a variety of books and disconnected websites can now be concentrated through the UPSO search engine.
The following subjects are included:
|Business and Management||Palliative Care|
|Economics and Finance||Physics|
|Film, Television and Radio||Political Science|
|Law||Public Health and Epidemiology|
|Mathematics||Society and Culture|
UPSO enables users to:
- Search by author, title, full text, abstract, keyword, subject, publication date, and more
- Link to references from bibliographies and footnotes, including OpenURL and
- DOI-linking support
- Link directly to individual books and chapters
- Download chapters to PDF
- Export to printer-friendly format
- Automatically export citations to RefWorksTM, as well as EndnoteTM, Reference ManagerTM, ZoteroTM, and ProCiteTM
- Access COUNTER-compliant statistics, following the Code of Practice for Books and Reference Works
Access to this trial is available through the library’s New Database Trials and Subscriptions webpage.
Please post comments concerning any aspect of this trial; it aids significantly in our decision-making process.