H.W. Wilson is providing trial access to their Art Full Text database for an extended trial period.
Art Full Text offers full text plus abstracts and indexing of an international array of peer-selected publications—now with expanded coverage of Latin American, Canadian, Asian and other non-Western art, new artists, contemporary art, exhibition reviews, and feminist criticism. Full-text coverage for selected periodicals is also included. In addition to articles, Art Full Text indexes reproductions of works of art that appear in indexed periodicals.
Coverage includes Indexing 1984+, Abstracting 1994+, “select” Full Text 1997+
Art Full Text features:
- Full text of articles from more than 270 periodicals as far back as 1997.
- High-quality indexing and abstracting of over 600 periodicals as far back as 1984, including 260 peer-reviewed journals.
- Indexing and abstracting of over 18,000 art dissertations.
- International coverage: periodicals published in French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Dutch are covered in addition to English-language journals.
- Substantial coverage of journals indexed by the Bibliographic History of Art
- Indexing of art reproductions, enabling users to focus on a single artist or individual works.
- A database-specific thesaurus to enable users to search with pinpoint accuracy.
- Podcasts from leading museums on artists and individual works of art that can be enjoyed by art students and general listeners.
- Biography icons to allow users to quickly locate biographical material within search results.
- Unique subject-specific search fields, such as “Artist & Work”, which allow users to see the specific works reproduced or mentioned in an article before retrieving the actual article.
For information about more trials and new online resources, please visit the library’s Database Trials & New Resources page.
Please leave comments. They assist greatly in our decision-making process.