H.W. Wilson is providing extended trial access to their Cinema Image Gallery database.
The Cinema Image Gallery is one of the most comprehensive online collections of still images from movies, television and the entertainment industry. It presents the history of movie-making, still images of films in production, directors working on-set with the stars, set, costume and production design, as well as, hair and make-up shots and rare behind-the-scenes material. Cinema Image Gallery also offers an extensive TV stills archive, covering comedies, dramas, series, TV movies, game shows and thousands of pictures of the stars in this medium.
Cinema Image Gallery features:
- More than 217,000 superior-quality images – with substantial quarterly additions, all rights-cleared for use in educational settings, with substantial additions on a regular basis.
- A treasure trove of more than 6,200 posters and lobby cards used to promote the movies.
- New! Seamless links to your library’s video holdings.
- Links to more than 500 full movies, as well as links to reviews and other articles about the titles, and to biographical materials about notable figures in the industry.
- Portrait photography and biographies of the stars of film and television.
- Database-specific search parameters developed specifically for this resource—Title, Director, Actor Names, Genre, Awards (Academy Award, Cannes Film Festival, Screen Actors Guild)—to ensure accuracy and speed in locating relevant material.
- My WilsonWeb functionality: save searches or specific images; print images; email images; receive email alerts when new results matching a specific query are added to the database.
For information about more trials and new online resources, please visit the library’s Database Trials & New Resources page.
Please leave comments. They assist greatly in our decision-making process.