ebrary no longer requires a downloaded Reader in order to take advantage of ebrary’s key book-reading functionalities. ebrary has just added significant capabilities to QuickView, the reader that is embedded within the browser and immediately available for reading books. Downloads or installations are no longer necessary.
New features include the following:
- Ability to customize InfoTools, which turns every word into a portal to additional information in online resources of your choice
- Print an entire chapter at a time (up to session limits)
- Choice of four citation preferences
- Navigate to the previous or next page by double-clicking on the document
- Ability to select text and navigate throughout documents by finger swiping on the iPad and iPhone
- Enable RefWorks, EndNote or both at the institution level
Additionally, end-users can easily share ebrary citations with peers at other institutions. Anyone who clicks on the URL to an ebrary title is automatically directed to the same document in their library’s ebrary collection (if available).
NEW E-BOOKS ADDED TO UML COLLECTION
ebrary has added over 1,100 new multidisciplinary e-books to the Academic Complete collection that is available to UML users. The new titles are available today via the ebrary site, or you can preview a list of the new titles on the ebrary site.