UMass Lowell will be upgraded to the new ebrary e-book Reader the week of September 15th.
The new ebrary online Reader was developed with extensive input from researchers and debuts on the ebrary platform in early August 2014. The user experience features:
- Clearer user permissions and information on ebooks for patrons
- Intuitive navigation to locate popular features faster
- Higher text quality and display options for better readability
- Streamlined tasks such as copy, print, download and in-book search
- Enhanced support for accessibility needs (coming in Q4).
In addition, ebrary has evolved their mobile experience to use the popular Bluefire app for offline reading on iOS (iPad and iPhone) and Android devices. Given this, ebrary has officially retired their dedicated mobile apps. To download the Bluefire app simply visit the App Store or Google Play.
ebrary provides UMass Lowell with its largest collection of e-books with over 100,000 titles from major academic publishers included in the following 16 specialized subject areas:
- Business & Economics
- Computers & IT
- Engineering & Technology
- History & Political Science
- Interdisciplinary & Area Studies
- Language, Literature & Linguistics
- Law, International Relations & Public Policy
- Life Sciences
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Physical Sciences
- Psychology & Social Work
- Religion, Philosophy & Classics
- Sociology & Anthropology