Alexander St. Press is launching a new interface for a number of their video and audio products that will be released on rolling basis over the next year. Classical Musical Scores Library is one of the first sites to have its new version released.
Here’s what you can experience in the first release:
- More faceted browsing capabilities: Browse content with “smart facets” that change as users search, allowing users to find exactly what you’re looking for more quickly.
- Discipline- and genre-based landing pages with featured content and editorially-curated playlists.
- The ability to translate every page, liner note, and transcript into dozens of languages using Google Translate.
- Tools for exporting citations in MLA, Chicago, and APA formats.
And here’s what will be available on the new interface over the next year:
- A dedicated smartphone app, in addition to the “send to mobile” tool already in use.
- Outbound discovery—your Alexander Street content will link out to select Internet archives, greatly expanding the content available to users, and all semantically indexed to make it cross-searchable with the other Alexander Street content.
- Dedicated learning object apps that let users to:
- Develop online quizzes
- Create digital study guides
- Build timelines
Classical Scores Library: Volume I contains over 400,000 pages of the most important classical music scores, manuscripts, and previously unpublished material, allowing for the study and analysis of more than 25,000 musical scores. Classical Scores Library serves as an integral resource for music students and faculty, encompassing all major classical musical genres and time periods from medieval to contemporary. With full, study, piano, and vocal scores, this comprehensive collection will enhance the study of music history, performance, appreciation, and theory for a variety of scholars.